Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Lord's Mercy



I am so blessed to be here and for the many tender mercies of the Lord that He continues to pour upon me. I have lived a great life full of countless blessings, numerous miracles, and never ending opportunities. And my heart is full of gratitude because of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and for the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. Elder Bednar shares a scripture in the Book of Mormon and it reads, "But behold, I Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." (1 Nephi 1:20) I have reflected back to this verse several times and thought, 'there's none other way we can receive these tender mercies without having faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.' Elder Bednar would agree with me on that. He continues to say, "...the Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits 'his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men.'" (D&C 46:15)
I have had so many experiences where I've recognized these tender mercies of the Lord and one of them happened yesterday. Hearing the voice of a wonderful mother brought tears to my eyes as we rejoiced together with gratitude and praises to the Lord. Because of her faithful prayers, she was able to hear the voice of her daughter, whom she has never heard from in a couple of months. And the concerns and heart-ache of the daughter brought peace and assurance to her heart as they both cried in joy. They expressed their love for one another and the spirit of the Lord was upon them. They shared their testimonies of Christ, a few scriptures, and the hand of the Lord that they have seen in their lives. The reassuring promise from the Lord when He said, "Daughter, be of good comfort" (Matthew 9:22) filled their hearts and their hope for the future was pure and unwavering.
The Lord is mindful of His children and His tender mercies are available to each and everyone of us! He lives and He cares about you and me. Each of us can see and hear of these tender mercies of the Lord in these latter days. It is my prayer that our hearts be filled with gratitude and appreciation for His abundant and tender mercies.

2 comments:

  1. How does anyone live without tender mercies???
    What a beautiful post-thank you for sharing your stories, heart, and testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I am so grateful the Lord placed me in this mission at this time so I could meet you! That is a tender mercy.
    What has helped you to recognize more of the tender mercies around us each day?

    ReplyDelete