Thursday, February 24, 2011

Come Unto Me...



I was reading this morning in Luke 13 and the last two verses really stood out to me. It says:


"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not.

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."



The Lord has been trying to gather all of His children just like a hen would. He loves each and everyone of us so much and yearns for us to return to Him again. Through His gospel and Jesus Christ we can be with Him again. His love is infinite and only through Him we can find true joy and happiness. He says come unto me and "whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture-I've never seen that before!
    I often thought of that scripture, too, just in a different way...during Family Home Evening when I'm trying to get my kids to sit down! "A Hen gathering her chicks..." is the perfect description of that scenerio!
    Thank you for your heart-felt post!

    ReplyDelete