Thursday, January 13, 2011

iLove TeMpLeS

Today we went to the Oakland Temple!!! I love temples. Temples are houses of the Lord. It's a place to go learn, do sacred ordinances, to feel of God's love, for comfort, peace, and on and on. But it is the house of the Lord and you do feel light, safe, and calm when you're in the temple. All the worries, burdens, and the worldly thoughts vanishes as you enter the temple. I am so very grateful for temples and it is a great blessing Heavenly Father has given us.

In Isaiah Chapter two it says;
2And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.




The words of Isaiah has been fulfilled in these last days. We have been blessed to have temples throughout the world to go learn and follow the paths we need to return to our Heavenly Father again someday. I love temples and for the blessings that we receive as we go and serve Him. "Mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion." (D&C 132:8) As we go to the temple we can receive the many revelations to know what Heavenly Father wants us to do. Our physical and temporal well-being can be sanctified as we continually go to the temple to serve our Heavenly Father.
I know that temples are the house of the Lord that we can feel of Heavenly Father's love as we go and serve Him. I know that the Spirit of God dwells in His temple...it is a home that's filled with love, comfort, peace, and refuge. I am grateful for temples and for the opportunity that I had to go and feel of my Heavenly Father's love and to draw more closer to Him. It is a place of peace and revelation. It is a place where spiritual guidance can be received for crucial decisions or concerns. The Lord has blessed me whenever I attend the temple to do sacred ordinance. And the blessings He has given me will not be limited to the time spent in the temple. When I do temple work I have been blessed in all aspects of my life. My labors in the temple will strengthen me and refine me spiritually. I know this to be true in Jesus name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I love temples, too! I am fortunate to live a mile away from the Mount Timpanogus Temple, and ditto to everything you said! Thank you for your testimony and igniting a flame of motivation to get me there once a week again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The temples are amazing! I love the unique feeling of the spirit we can can recieve. I love thinking back to times when I have been to the temple, because those feelings come back and help uplift me as I am down.

    ReplyDelete