Friday, January 7, 2011

Restoration--Priesthood

Priesthood is the power and authority given to man to act in God’s name for the salvation of His children. Through the priesthood we receive the ordinances of salvation, as well as blessings of healing, comfort, and counsel. (Preach My Gospel, pp. 83)



The Church of Jesus Christ is led by a prophet and apostles with the priesthood authority. They are worthy and righteous men, that receives revelations from Heavenly Father and reveals them to us. In the Bible it says, "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; an he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)

Heavenly Father reveals His words unto His prophets. (Amos 3:7) Through His chosen servants we can receive the things Heavenly Father wants us to know. Heavenly Father has always been speaking to His children through prophets. There were prophets such as Adam, Noah, Moses, and Abraham that taught about God and prophesied of Christ. Jesus Christ was our Savior and Redeemer, but He was our prophet too. He taught us His gospel and commanded us to do the things God would want us to do. But again, people rejected His gospel crucified our Savior and persecuted His apostles. After Christ's death, the priesthood was taken away and the gospel was not in its fullness.
Heavenly Father again reached out to His children and restored His gospel to the prophet Joseph Smith. Through Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ called twelve apostles. The priesthood was restored and the gospel was in its fullness. I know that Heavenly Father still speaks to His children today through His chosen servants. The heavens will always be open and Heavenly Father will always speak to us through prophets. I know that Heavenly Father loves us that He will always be there to help us so we can live a better life. I know that we have a modern day prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson, that leads and guides us. I know that the priesthood to act in God's name was restored again to the prophet Joseph Smith for our happiness in these latter-days. I am so grateful for the priesthood and for the many blessings that we can receive from it.














1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister-
    I stumbled on your blog by trying to find the picture of the Savior knocking at the door for my Young Women's lesson. And out of all the images that popped up, I clicked on yours from your Oct 31? post. I love your blog! And thank you so much for the picture! And most of all, thank you for your service and choice to serve a mission. I'm sure your family is very proud of you and that you are blessing many lives...especially via internet. May all the desires of your heart be fullfilled!;)

    ReplyDelete