Wednesday, January 26, 2011




The Lord, My Companion, and Me


The Lord, my companion and me,
Are a great combination, we three:
For where He would lead us, we go willingly,
The Lord, my companion and me,


The Lord, my companion and me,
Have a work that is endless, you see.
For the good, honest souls must be gathered, we're told
By the Lord, my companion and Me.


The Lord, my companion and me,
Must pull as a team, constantly,
If we would have power, we will remember each hour
It's the Lord first, then my companion, then me.


-Lula Anderson
I believe this to be true! I am grateful to have the companionship of the Lord and my companion. With both of them we are one! They will always be there for me to count on, to lean on, and to abide with. Reminds me of a sentence in the Missionary Handbook where it says, " Your loyalty is first to the Lord, then your mission president, then your companion." I am grateful that I have that trust and love for the Lord and my companion; that I can share everything with them without being judged, made fun of, or mocked. How blessed I am to be here with the Lord and my companion!I love them and I am glad that we work together as a team to share the gospel with our many brothers and sisters:) As we are in this journey to find true happiness!

2 comments:

  1. It is very true! I love being able to have the support of the Lord and my companion, as we share the same purpose. It comes in handy when times get rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the companionship of the Holy Ghost is the greatest blessing ever! He is always there guiding us through each day. It is also an incredible blessing to have a companion. I love my companion! Wonderful post Sister Lewis!

    ReplyDelete