Monday, May 23, 2011

"The Fellowship of the Unashamed"

I was on exchanges the other day and during my personal study, I read this message that was on the wall by Sister Cottle's desk and I really loved it. It reminded me so much of this verse from the Bible:

"So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at [California] also.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Roman 1:15-16)

I am part of the Fellowship if the Unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision have been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarf goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my GOAL is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of SACRIFICE, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
MY BANNER WILL BE CLEAR.


My calling is great! I love being a missionary. I am grateful to be here and for this great opportunity I have to share the gospel with my many brothers and sisters!!!I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine. My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling! (My Missionary Commission by Elder Bruce R. McConkie)

No comments:

Post a Comment