Tuesday, May 10, 2011

GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST=CHANGE

I haven't blogged for a while now and a lot has happened since. I don't even know where to start. I am now here at Santa Rosa and I am with Sister Gorder, AGAIN!!! Yes, I have served with her before at Napa. How weird is that? It has been great the last couple weeks. We have been complementing each other a lot on how we've changed and grown. My last blog post was about "A Change for the Better". We all want to become better, but sometimes we don't even know where to start. There is a way and none other way where we can change to be the person God wants us to be. And it is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ where that change is possible! When we choose Christ we choose to change.


We all know that Christ was the one and only perfect Son of God. He came to earth to teach God's children, perform many miracles, and set an example for us. And our Heavenly Father wants us to follow Him and to keep His commandments. But how can we reach that goal and continue to live it throughout the rest of our lives? You can by accepting the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. First by having faith in Him and His Atonement, repenting of our transgressions, and accepting the ordinances performed by someone holding that priesthood authority of God that has been restored here on earth: baptism by immersion and receiving the gift of the holy ghost.



It has been hard for me these couple of weeks, but it has been great having my companion complement me about the change I have made. It was even better to hear it from a loving mother this past Sunday. I am glad she recognized the change that I have made and the person that I have become. I know I still have things I need to work on. But I know as I continue to have faith and to live the gospel of Jesus Christ the best I can, I can become the person my Heavenly Father wants me to be. I still struggle, I still have challenges, I am still imperfect, but I know it's through the gospel of Jesus Christ where I can become better. President Faust said, "The power to change is very real, and it is a great spiritual gift from God." He continues on to say, "Each one of us has been given the power to change his or her life. As part of the Lord’s great plan of happiness, we have individual agency to make decisions. We can decide to do better and to be better. In some ways all of us need to change; that is, some of us need to be more kind at home, less selfish, better listeners, and more considerate in the way we treat others. Some of us have habits that need to be changed, habits that harm us and others around us. Sometimes we may need a jolt to propel us into changing." If we continue to change and live the simple principles of the gospel, we can find true joy and happiness in this life. I know that God loves each and everyone of us. And He will help us in anyway he can so we can be what He wants us to become. Jesus Christ lives and through His Atonement everything is made possible. I love the gospel and I am grateful of how it has changed my life!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's so great that you get ot serve with a sister who recognizes all your wonderful quailties!
    Change is hard...but the glory of overcoming the change is worth it!
    I hope it's hot and sunny there, unlike raining and cold here in American Fork! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Refrain from idleness," Alma 38:12 It's a commandment to continue to change and always work on things that we need to change in our own lives! I love the definition of repentance! it says: "denotes a change of mind, i.e., a fresh view about God, about oneself, and about the world."

    ReplyDelete