Sunday, October 24, 2010

Continue-in-Patience

Continue-in-Patience


Patience is one of the Christlike attribute. In Preach My Gospel it says, "Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious. It is the ability to do God's will and accept His timing....Patience is related to hope and faith-you must wait for the Lord's promised blessings to be fulfilled." In Alma 32:42-43 it says: "And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst. Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you." Sometimes it's hard to be patient and wait for our prayers to be answered. Especially in times of sorrow, hard times, in sickness, or just the challenges we are facing at the moment. And on those times, we forget about the love Heavenly Father has for us. He loves and trust us so much that He gives us trials because He knows we can overcome them, through His son Jesus Christ. That with these trials we can learn to be patient. (Romans 5:3) As we are patient, Heavenly Father will bless us with the things we need and want. (Hebrews 6:12-15) I know that I am very impatient and I often want things to go as I plan. But since I came on my mission, I have learned a lot about patience and with prayers and putting my trust in Heavenly Father, I have come to overcome that challenge that I onced had.

No comments:

Post a Comment