Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How does the Lord feel about His children?

Jacob 5:11-13

"And the Lord of the vineyard caused that it should be digged about, and pruned, and nourished, saying unto his servant: It grieveth me that I should lose this tree; wherefore, that perhaps I might preserve the roots thereof that they perish not, that I might preserve them unto myself, I have done this thing.
Wherefore, go thy way; watch the tree, and nourish it, according to my words.
And these will I place in the nethermost part of my vineyard, whithersoever I will, it mattereth not unto thee; and I do it that I may preserve unto myself the natural branches of the tree; and also, that I may lay up fruit thereof against the season, unto myself; for it grieveth me that I should lose this tree and the fruit thereof."

Heavenly Father grieves for His children when they are not on the right path. But He has sent His servants (the missionaries) to nourish (teach) them so they can be happy and prepare themselves to return to His presence. Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of His children and He weeps when they are sad. I am so grateful to be here as a missionary in Napa, where there's vineyards everywhere :) And to be entrusted by Heavenly Father to be His servant and to serve Him with all my heart, might, mind and strength!

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad that you are here also--there certainly are plenty of vineyards!!

    ReplyDelete