Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jesus Christ Suffered for Us



http://mormon.org/jesus-christ/#jesus-christ-suffered-for-us



Today was Sabbath Day. I am so grateful to have the chance to go to church every Sunday to renew my covenants with Heavenly Father and to partake of the Sacrament. The sacrament is an ordinance in which Church members partake of bread and water in remembrance of Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice. When He instituted the sacrament, Jesus Christ said, "This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. . . . This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you" (Luke 22:19–20). The broken bread is a reminder of His body and His physical suffering—especially His suffering on the cross. It is also a reminder that through His mercy and grace, all people will be resurrected and given the opportunity for eternal life with God. The water is a reminder that the Savior shed His blood in intense spiritual suffering and anguish, beginning in the Garden of Gethsemane and concluding on the cross. In the garden He said, "My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death" (Matthew 26:38). Partaking of the sacrament is a witness to God that the remembrance of His Son will extend beyond the short time of that sacred ordinance. Part of this ordinance is a promise to remember Him always and a witness of individual willingness to take upon oneself the name of Jesus Christ and to keep His commandments.

So today, during the sacrament I was reflecting more on the sacrifice Jesus Christ suffered for us. I really felt the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for us. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement and I will do my very best to try and live llike He did. It is a comforting feeling to know that Jesus Christ has been through all the trials, challenges, and pains that I have been through or will go through. That only through Him I can overcome them. I am so blessed and thankful to know that and I have a great testimony on partaking the Sacrament every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment