Friday, November 12, 2010

Mother's Love

Remembrance
© Laura M. Phipps-Kelley

Mother, as I walk through the journey of life, I remember.
I remember how you helped me to grow with love, truth, and honesty.
I remember how you helped me to choose the right
path with values, morals, and self worth.
I remember how you gave me dreams with hope and confidence.
As I remember, I pray to be a mother like you,
to shape my children into strong adults, full of hopes and dreams.
You made me who I am today, and I will always remember you
in life's passings for no one could touch my life as you have.


I have been thinking a lot about my mother and how much I miss her. Today, I had a chance to hear her voice. Never thought I would until Christmas but I feel like Heavenly Father knew how much I missed her and how much she wanted to hear from me. I had an interview with my President today...and just like any other interviews he asked how I was doing personally. I shared with him how much I miss my mother and just started crying. I really do miss my mom and she has been on my mind lately. My president gave me his phone and told me to give her a call. For a minute there, I thought I was dreaming...I was expecting more of, "Your doing good, it's almost Christmas and you will get a chance to talk with your mom." So my response was, "It's okay." Funny, huh?! He assured me again that it was okay. So I left the room with the phone on my hand really not knowing what to do. I finally started dialing my mom's number, still thinking that this can't be real. After so many tries, the operator kept saying that the account wasn't authorize to make that call. The president came out after each interview he had and I told him that it wasn't working. He told me to keep trying. After so many tries, I figured that Heavenly Father probably doesn't want me to. I finally gave him his phone and said how I was feeling...that maybe I am not supposed to. He said "I feel like you should call your mom and tell her how much you love her." I went and got a calling card and called my mom. It was about 630 Saturday morning there, and she picked up the phone after a few rings. It was so good to hear from her! The first thing she said to me was, "My prayers has been answered. I have been reading your letter and just praying that I can hear your voice soon." Tears were rolling down my cheeks...tears of happiness, gratitude, peace, and comfort.
My president is called by God. He had a feeling that it is something I should do, even though I felt like it was not meant to be after so many tries. Heavenly Father does answer prayers! He leads and guides each and everyone of His children here on earth. He is loving, kind, merciful, and powerful. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and that Jesus lives. He is mindful of me and knows me more than I know myself. He knows my mother well enough, and has blessed her this very day to be able to hear from her daughter she hasn't heard from in a while. I love my mother, and just like my president...my mother is a great influence in my life. Mother is a great title, an honor. And I am so grateful for my mother and all she has done...her love, teachings, nurturing, comfort, support, and all the things she has done that makes me who I am today. How blessed I am for an earthly mother and a heavenly mother!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is serving her mission in heaven, she passed at age 18 but had a strong testimony...thank goodness for the gospel so we Can see our loved ones again, no matter how far away they are, in this world or not, the ties of
    our Lords love will bring us all back together in the Eternities. love, sister Destine Schaefer

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed we are to have the gospel. I know she is doing missionary work up there as well...and she is doing awesome because of her strong testimony. She is probably sharing the gospel with my dad:)

    ReplyDelete