Sunday, November 14, 2010

Promptings of the Holy Ghost

Sunday, I learned a lot about following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. To listen to the still small voice and to do what you are prompted to do. After church that Sunday, we went to visit an investigator at this nursing home. On our way back, I was prompted to go talk with this guy we once contacted but he didnt seem interested.
So it all started this one day, I think it was on a Thursday where we contacted this guy while going to an appointment. He didn't seem interested but has talked with missionaries before. We invited him to church, but he said he will think about it. He didn't seem too interested, but my companion and I bore our testimonies and gave him an invitation to church. The next day we were at the same area teaching an investigator. On our way out there was a yard sale...and since we needed lamps for our new apartment, we stopped to buy one and saw a dresser. The sister's that live with us didn't have one, and since it was just two dollars..it was a really good deal!
The only problem was, it wouldn't fit our car:/ Standing with our car door open, wondering what we can do or who to call?! This same man we have tried contacting rode hi bicycle by and stopped to look at us. He asked how far did we live? We told him where we lived and so he told us that he will be right back. He came back with his truck and hauled our dresser to our home. Another blessed day here at the mission field. How I am so grateful of my Heavenly Father's love for me.
He dropped off our dresser and left. So when we were leaving from our appointment that day...I saw his car and was prompted to go give him a Book of Mormon. I got in the way of the Spirit again...those thoughts and doubts, which is the adversary. I was backing up my companion, and again...the Spirit told me that I really have to go give this guy a Book of Mormon. I finally told my companion about how I felt and told her to drive by his truck. I grabbed a Book of Mormon, wrote down my testimony and put a sticky note thanking him for his help. I went over and thanked him and gave him the Book of Mormon. He accepted the offer and took the book, which I was really surprised because when we first contacted him, he didn't want the book.
He had this huge smile on his face and said that he will take it. I have a great testimony of the Holy Ghost. That when the Spirit tells us what to do, we should never get on it's way...

No comments:

Post a Comment