Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sunday Night Drive






Sunday night we had dinner with the Horne family. They live on the mountains which is about twenty to thirty minutes from downtown Napa. It was getting dark and the narrow windy roads were really scary. I closed my eyes every turn and my feet would be stepping on the floor mat so hard. I was really scared and worried, but I was enjoying the ride. As I was enjoying the ride I began pondering about a lot of things...specifically life and the gospel. Then I was building a vision in my head, almost like the tree of life vision. Sweet huh?!

So as we were driving back to town through the narrow windy roads...there were a lot of slowing down, going up and down, high lights, low lights, caution signs, stop signs, beautiful frosty leaves, etc. And they all meant something to me! Driving down the dark and windy road it was scarey...it made me think of life, how it could be so scary at times. And during those times we often think that it's the end of the world and there's really nothing we can do. But there is and will always be. As the head lights went on low, I only could see about five feet ahead. But when it went on high, I could see more farther and it made me feel safe. The light to me represented the gospel of Jesus Christ; that if we had it in our lives we will never be scared. And as long as we keep the commandments, serve Him, staying worthy, and doing the things Heavenly Father wants us to do...our lights will be so much brighter and we will see much farther in our lives. The white frosty leaves were the many blessings Heavenly Father has for us. And when the light is on low, we can not hardly see them, but they will always be there. But when we have that light of the gospel we can recognize those many blessings that are given to us. How beautiful is that, to know that there are millions of blessings for each and everyone of us. But only with the gospel we can recognize them more, cause our life is more brighter because of the knowledge we have of our Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. The signs that I would read on our way back represented the scriptures (The Bible & The Book of Mormon) and the words of our Prophet. As we read those signs on the side of the road, we will be guided as we are going through the narrow windy roads. Just like the scriptures and the words of our prophets and apostles, that they reveal the things Heavenly Father wants us to know so we could be save and stay on the path.
This was a great experience that I had which really opened my eyes and my testimony was strengthened even more. As I was pondering about this vision that I had, I really felt the love Heavenly Father has for us. That no matter where were at or what we do, He will always be there. But with our agency, we get to choose if we want to follow Heavenly Fathers plan and His gospel or not. And when we do receive His gospel and live it according to His teachings, those blessings will be visible to us and life would be so much easier for us. I am so grateful for the gospel and for the many blessings Heavenly Father has for me. And I know as I continue to "stand as His witness at all times and all places, serve Him, and keep His commandments"(Mosiah 18:9-10), I will see those many beautiful white frosty leaves in my life.

1 comment: