Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Greatest Gift



What a great gift this young man in this video received. Christ was the perfect gift our Father in heaven has given us. "Mary shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21) For Him to show a great example for each and everyone of us, so we can follow Him. "That if we keep His commandments and endure to the end we shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God." (D&C 14:7) This Christmas I have come to understand the true meaning of this holiday. To have it centered more on my Savior because He was the greatest gift Heavenly Father gave me. That through Him I am able to overcome all the challenges that I face. "Because he came forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind...he took upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people." (Alma 7:11) It is a comforting feeling to know that my Savior knows all the things I go through...that only through Him I can overcome all of them. And to have that assurance that my Heavenly Father loves me, is patient with me, and has given me so many blessings. I will be forever thankful for the many great gifts my father in heaven has bestowed upon me and still is pouring them out on me, as long as I am faithful and obedient. I know that as we do the things that our Father has commanded us to do...and appreciate the many gifts He has given us by being obedient to them, we will be lifted up at the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment