Monday, December 27, 2010

What to Become...?

I was reading from the church children magazine called the "Friend" and came to the General Conference spotlight. It had quotes from the prophets, apostles, and general authorities that was taught during the General Conference. And one particular quote that really stood out to me and one that I would want to talk about is a quote by Elder Richard G. Scott. He says, "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day." We all want to be happy, to live a better life, to stay on the right path, to accomplish our goals, and many other things we want to do in life. And sometimes life becomes too hard for us to deal with and feel like we want to give up. One thing we need to remember is, God can strengthen us and will always be there to pick us up if we put our faith and trust in Him. "It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect." (Psalm 18:32) This verse gives me comfort whenever I read it. That through all the things I go through in life, God will make it possible for me...only if I put my trust in Him and have faith that He will provide a way.
At times we forget that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ, our Savior can help us through all the things we go through...whether it be big or small. We just have to constantly remind ourselves that there's no other way we can go through life without the help of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, our Savior. It is hard to swallow up our prides and rely on the Lord sometimes, but "the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." (Mosiah 3:19) If we become like little children, with pure hearts and the willingness to submit to the Lord's will, we can physically and spiritually be strengthened to overcome whatever we go through. Even when it is not what you expect to receive, but just express gratitude to Heavenly Father and have the confidence in the Lord to accept His will, because He knows whats best for us.
I know that the Lord will help us be what we want to become, if we consistently work for it each day. And if we put off the natural man that's within us and rely on Him more, having faith that He will provide...everything is POSSIBLE! I too am working hard on trying to constantly remind myself that the Lord is there to help me be what I want to become. And as long as I become a child relying on Him as my Father, He will strengthen me and I can be what I want to become.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing post. It is so true that we have the help all the time ,no matter what, from Jesus Christ and our Loving Heavenly Father. We can all change and become whatever it is that we want to be!

    ReplyDelete