Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jesus' Mother---Mary

We do not know a whole lot about Mary, the mother of Jesus. But what we know is that, she was a young woman who was chosen to be the mother of Christ. She was a righteous and pure woman, who loved the Lord and had a deep desire to be obedient. In the Book of Mormon it says, "And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son yea, even the Son of God." (Alma 7:10)

Mary is a great example of great faith, obedience, and accepting God's will and blessings. She never did doubt God, but was just curious of "How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?” (Luke 1:34) To Mary’s question, the angel answered, “The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35) After receiving the angel’s message, Mary, in unreserved obedience, replied, “Be it unto me according to thy word.” (Luke 1:38.) Mary humbly accepted this opportunity that was given to her from Heavenly Father to be a mother. Her example shows a great quality of obedience that she has.

Mary reminds me so much of my mother, her name happens to be Mary. A great example she has been in my life and how obedient she is to the commandments of our Heavenly Father. She is very strong with her church and her great example has influenced me a lot from saying my prayers daily, to making the right choices, and for the unconditional love she has for me. Motherhood is a great honor and is a very special blessing given to women. I am so grateful for the great example that Mary, and my mother...Mary has showed me. I will be forever thankful for their obedience, faith, and love.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think that motherhood is one out of the most inportant role that one can ever have. A general authority said once that the hand that rules the world is the hand the pushes the craddle.

    ReplyDelete